BCBSIL Summary of Benefits and Coverage 2020
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) provides a variety of health care plans to individuals and families. The plans provide coverage for doctors’ visits, hospital stays, prescription drugs, preventive services and more.
What Does BCBSIL Cover?
BCBSIL plans provide coverage for the following:
- Preventive care, including annual physicals and immunizations
- Doctor’s visits and services
- Outpatient treatments
- Lab tests and X-rays
- Prescription drugs
- Mental health treatment
- Substance abuse treatment
- Emergency services
- Durable medical equipment
Cost Sharing Under BCBSIL
BCBSIL plans have cost sharing features that help cover the costs associated with health care. Cost sharing includes:
- Deductibles: This is the amount you have to pay out of pocket before the plan begins to pay.
- Copayments: This is a flat fee you pay each time you use a certain service, such as a doctor’s visit or prescription.
- Coinsurance: This is a percentage of the total cost of the service that you pay.
BCBSIL plans cover both generic and brand-name drugs. You may be required to pay a copayment and/or coinsurance for each prescription.
BCBSIL plans have an out-of-pocket maximum. This is the maximum amount of money you have to pay each year for covered services. After you reach this amount, the plan pays for all services for the rest of the year.
BCBSIL offers a variety of health plans with a wide range of coverage options. The plans cover doctor visits, hospital stays, preventive care and prescription drugs. Cost sharing features such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance help keep costs manageable. In addition, there is an out-of-pocket maximum that caps the amount you would have to pay each year.